I can hardly wait...
I was on the phone with my BFF C over the weekend, giggly at the thought that in a couple of months, we'll finally see each other again. She, the husband and Baby E will be spending Christmas with us here in the States and they will be staying with us for the most part of their vacation. I'm so excited!!! The phone call was too funny that by the end of the hour-long conversation, my cheeks were hurting and my throat was scratchy from laughing and smiling so much.
Now the husband and I are busy coming up with ideas on what to do, where to take them, etc...
I'm just really super excited (can you tell?!)
* * * * *
My dad emailed us last week, inviting us over for lunch last Saturday since he was cooking! Now, it's not every day that my dad cooks, and he really only has a couple of specialties that he revels in - but for some reason, Saturday was all out "dad cooking day". He cooked kare-kare and crabs with coconut oil and veggies. Oh my - it was glutonny like no other. Mom even had some green mangoes on hand. It was a good idea to have it for lunch - since it seemed like were were on that dining table eating, and talking, and eating some more, for a good 6 hours!! We had to head up to AC the same night for MIL's birthday and so my mom decided to have it early so we had time to just relax after a full meal. That was the BEST idea ever!!
My nieces spent the night Friday so we had a full house and trying to get all 3 of them ready for bed was a production in itself. The oldest one, wanted me to put make-up on her. The younger one and Jake would not stop playing and talking. We finally managed to get all three of them in bed by 11:30pm, and by the time the husband and I settled in to watch a movie, I was too tired that we only saw the first 10mins before calling it a night.
We took Jake to karate in the morning, and then to Bel's soccer game right after before heading to my parent's for lunch.
* * * * *
I didn't get to see Mama M while we were up at AC. She had migraine episodes and at the same time, Jake was getting cranky and the husband wasn't all together there so we went home in the afternoon after the lunch party was done. Maybe next time, M?
* * * * *
The husband's cousin passed away on Sunday from complications with pancreatic cancer. He was a good man and everyone spoke so highly of him. I had the pleasure of meeting him while we were visiting Manila in 2004, and he was very nice and welcomed me with open arms. MIL just came back from visiting him in Alaska (where he and his family are based) and it brings great comfort to her that she was able to see him before he passed away (which coincidentally happened on her birthday). Please include Kuya J in your thoughts and prayers, as well as the husband's family at this time of grief.
* * * * *
Finally finished Jake's halloween goodie bags for school. Will take a picture and post it up like last year's.
Toodles!!


1 Comments:
I'm so sorry to have missed you talaga! I have been getting frequent migraines and headaches lately - perhaps because of my condition? ;)
Thanks again for the BE stuff! I would love to see a photo of your desk "clutter" one of these days. Would you post it on your blog?
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home