More Green Mangoes...

More of my daily grunts: What makes me happy, what makes me sad, what ticks me off and what makes me mad! This is the Chronicles of a Working Mom, a Full Time Wife and a Girly Girl :)

vendredi, septembre 14, 2007

It MUST be Friday!

... I just realized I haven't shopped for make-up for the past three months, which is DEFINITELY the perks of working for a make-up company and having access like crazy. Now I'm stressing on where to stash my make-up brushes :).

... Which then leaves enough flow to compensate for other superrfluous items - mostly it has been house stuff which the husband and I totally love.

... With that said - our much-coveted light fixture finally went on sale - and sure enough my friends, it is ours to.day!

... We also finally got Jake a Ninja Turtle rolling duffle bag for his karate stuff since the one they sell at the school is way too big for him to lug around.

... Every year around this time, I do my online shopping for the boys. I finally got around to doing that the other day. I hope Jake is set for Fall with what I got. Although knowing me, I wouldn't think it's enough. I hate buying oversized clothes for him...and so buying jeans right now is so difficult. And it doesn't help that waist-wise, he can still fit into a 3T but length-wise is already at 5T.


... Because it felt like Jake's preschool first day came out of nowhere, I'm still kicking myself for not being organized. His backpack for school is still the same one he used last year at Animal Crackers since it's barely used anyways. However, it's bugging me that it doesn't match his Ninja Turtle lunchbox which he just. must. use or all hell will break loose. An alligator backpack with a Ninja Turtle lunchbox is just not what I had in mind :). However, now I'm on the lookout for a small Ninja Turtle backpack. Anyone see one around? I did manage to order his labels though (if you know me, I'm BIG on labels!) - I can't wait to get those!

I'm so excited for tomorrow. We are taking a day trip to Sonoma with BFF J&C with the kids in tow. We plan to stop and have lunch at Taylor's, to check out all the hoopla from Food Network. We just want to walk around downtown, shop and enjoy food. We are also making a pit stop to the fave winery and hopefully get some cheese and crackers next door. On the way home, we'll be driving through the city for C's request - coffee! The husband calculated - 300 miles worth of driving in one day. We might as well go to L.A.! It should be oh-so fun.

I was on the phone with BFF E the other night and I totall missed her after hanging up. I've forgotten how fun it is to just talk to her and how I wish we weren't countries apart. She said it again - just get your butt on a plane to Bali and she'll take care of the rest. Man, if only the downpayment for the March cruise hasn't been set, we could go visit them in Indonesia. Ahhh.... lovely. Jake got on the phone and talked to Tita E and she was very impressed that he can actually carry an adult-sounding conversation over the phone.

Fridays are stressful days at work. I wish the day is almost over. It's almost like I need it to be over before I scratch someone's eyes out. I think I've already stepped on someone's toes...

Is it the end of the day yet?

Libellés : , ,