More Green Mangoes...

More of my daily grunts: What makes me happy, what makes me sad, what ticks me off and what makes me mad! This is the Chronicles of a Working Mom, a Full Time Wife and a Girly Girl :)

lundi, juin 26, 2006

A-mazing!

Who would've thought? Since we couldn't get a hold of Jake's doctor over the weekend to ask about what we should do with his pink eyes, I took a trip to Target to see if there's anything over the counter that we could use to treat it. All along I was just in search for saline drops - if anything, to use to cleanse his eyes. But lo and behold, I found this. An elder man was next to me perusing eye drops as well when he noticed that I was reading the packaging for Similasan to see if it's safe for Jake. It turned out that he was a doctor (I didn't have time to ask what kind and for all I know, he is a vet!) and asked if someone had pink eyes. I told him my sob story about my 3yo, and how I can't get a hold of the doctor, yada yada.... and he took the box and read through it and told me that it should be safe to use on Jake. Whew! Thank goodness! I guess it also helped that Jake was amused with the eye drops that he actually let us put it in his eyes. By yesterday morning, his eyes were looking a lot better, less puffy, less 'pink' but stil had a bit of discharge. And because it's homeopathic, it's free of chemicals which I was afraid might be too much for the eyes of a 3yo.

Still, I'm putting out a curse on whoever let their child (or themselves) out with pink eyes. That is just so mean!!! With a supposed incubation of 2 weeks, we though it best not to see our friends and family for that period so Jake couldn't contaminate anyone else. I have also designated
Purell stations all through the house to make sure we apply it every so often to lessen contamination. All sheets have been washed and Jake is back to his toddler bed and surprisingly enough, without a fight.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Pink eye is a rough thing. Glad you found an OTC solution and what luck that a doctor was there to give you the go ahead. Hope it clears up completely very soon!

mercredi, juin 28, 2006 7:56:00 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home