More Green Mangoes...

More of my daily grunts: What makes me happy, what makes me sad, what ticks me off and what makes me mad! This is the Chronicles of a Working Mom, a Full Time Wife and a Girly Girl :)

vendredi, juin 30, 2006

Happy Friday

We have no big plans for the holiday - and it sucks that it falls on a Tuesday and Monday is a work day for me :(. The husband has a 5day long weekend - bummer!

Last night, the boys and I went to
PF Chang's for dinner. NEVER AGAIN! Although I like their Walnut Creek branch, the one in South San Jose sucked! Our waitress came out with our lettuce wraps, but with no appetizer plates. Then our food came, with no rice. And when the husband asked her about our rice, she came out with a bowl of white rice without even asking us if we wanted brown or white rice. And then, she never came back to check on us again! And what made things worse - something in what we ate didn't agree well with me. I'll leave it at that!!!

The boys are enjoying their time today doing manly man things (car service, car wash, etc...) and the husband just called to let me know that he found a bike for Jake. See - in a span of 4 months, Jake has transitioned from his
Fold-2-Go Trike from Santa, to a small bike with training wheels. Now we think he's ready for a big boy bike, with training wheels of course. He is already getting too big for his current bike and helmet. Talk about speedy growth!

So no definite plans - as usual, we'll just wing it like we always do.

Have a fun (and safe) 4th of July!! Drive carefully, people!

*** On a side note, I saw on the news a couple of weeks ago that companies now look into myspace.com, friendster, etc... for employees that 'might' have postings on web pages and/or blogs - and use that to determine a potential employee's character. Lo and behold, our HR sent a memo today 'warning' those with webpages such as myspace that although it is the employee's prerogative to have webpages publicly accessible, each person also has to be mindful of how they present themselves in public. Oh my!!! Ok - I must admit that I do have a friendster account, but I draw the line when it comes to myspace. My a$$ is too old to be on myspace ;).